It is challenging to eat my diet on the road while not pregnant, but toss in the added excitement of rotating food interests and it is quite impossible. I travel 2-3 days a week for work typically and I have to plan ahead.
2 days and 1 night is always in the same area and often I can stay at my mom and her partner Drew’s house which makes it easier so I can cook, etc. But when I don’t stay there, I have to make accommodations for it. When I don’t have a car, and have to travel by train or plane, that makes things even a bit more complicated.
Here are just a few things I try to always carry:
- Individual packets of raw almond butter and rice cakes.
- Large honey crisp apple and a folding knife.
- Tangerines or oranges when in season.
- For breakfast, Qia mix.
- Extra tea bags and tea cup.
- Dehydrated beet chips.
- Extra gallon jug of water in the back of my car (fill it up fresh before each trip) to use to fill up my water bottle when it is empty.
- All-Natural sucking candies.
- Rice puffs and toasted almonds.
- Raw bars.
Sounds like a lot, but I like variety. I do my best to try to have a salad twice a day and if I am just going for an overnight I will bring hard boiled eggs.