For the last 10 months we have been planning and trying to get pregnant again. Now we are 14-weeks in and we are happy to say that we are coasting along nicely. The building-up-to process has brought us back to a place where we feel alive, energetic and healthy once again. We know the importance of elevating our bodies to a host level and remaining in tip top condition as we prepare for making and then growing a child.
We learned a lot during the first pregnancy, and plan to learn more in this next iteration. For each set of parents it is a different and enlightening experience, but we see this as a little guideline to follow.
In the planning and growing of our little Ra’Co people, we do the following 10 things.
- Sleep as much as we can, whenever we can.
- Drink a ton of water.
- Try to keep a simple daily exercise routine.
- Eat as many vegetables as possible, especially through juicing.*
- Mix it up with different kinds of protein.
- Savor sweets. Do not over do it.
- Establish a healthy regime. Remain consistent.
- Track the experience.
- Take supplements when you feel you need to.
- Listen to our bodies and give it what it wants. It knows.
Wish us luck!
Recommended Supporting Tools
*There have been mixed reviews about juicing with pregnancy. One concern I received from a friend was that it could provide a deficiency in the child after birth if they didn’t receive the same nutrition. I did it 5x a week and only about 8oz and I did it for my whole pregnancy and through nursing. I did not see any negative effects in Iza, only positive. Every doctor that saw her said her color was remarkable. This is only a side and should not be used as a replacement for eating solid foods.