Seeking an Au Pair / Nanny for 4-Year Old & 2-Year Old
Our family is seeking care for our daughter Iza Ruby & supporting care for Zai Stefan (he has a full-time niñera Fernanda). If interested you must be at least 23-years old. We live in San Pedro el Alto 10-minutes South of Antigua, Guatemala in a vast, green, closed mixed-use community. You must live in the area or be able to get to and from our house every day.
Why an Au Pair / Nanny?
Iza is of the age where she needs to be around lots of kids and to explore and Zai is just getting to know the world and needs to be guided. We both have demanding jobs which require us to work and travel often, and we don’t want the kids to miss a beat with development just because we are busy. We want our new Au Pair to be like-minded and provide the kids with a seamless transition away from us; maintaining our discipline, having lots of playdates, learning how to swim, eating out at restaurants, practicing real-life skills and going on adventures, etc.
Learn more about us on this website and see if you might be a good fit for us. We are a very energetic family with lots of projects, and our new Au Pair will be in the mix of it all. We are both creatives and have come here to have more time to explore our talents and raise our family in a beautiful, warm and calm environment. Rache (mom) still works full time in the US and Kurtis (dad) is a full-time conceptual artist with a studio in San Pedro las Huertas. We believe in a healthy lifestyle and a focus on balance.
Communication and timeliness in both response and arrival are absolute essentials to us.
- Primary care for Iza (4-years)
- Support for Zai’s care (2-years)
- Build a curriculum around:
- Language development: English (primary) & Spanish (secondary)
- Arts & crafts
- Light housework, cooking, and laundry as it relates to children
- Shopping as needed
- Driving M-F
Requirements for Childcare Provider
Please note: If you do not meet some of these requirements, but you think you would be a good fit for our family, please get in touch with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and are open to all genders, races, and religions.
Hours: 9-hours a day, flexible schedule (based on school schedule) M-F + 1 weekend night each month
- Driver’s license with at least 3-years experience driving
- Must be able to live in Guatemala (renew your passport every 3-months if not a Guatemalan citizen)
- Conversational or fluent English
- Conversational or fluent Spanish
- Self-starter, motivated and energized towards children
- Certified or willing to be in CPR and other safety training
- Capable of traveling as needed with the family
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume with any applicable experience (including personal experience). You do not need to have professional childcare experience to apply, but you must be good with children. Email to email@example.com.
- Strong communicator
- Honest with integrity
- Loves children
Compensation: Based on a 1-year commitment (including 3-months of review)
- Base salary dependent on skill set (range is $8k-$12k+)
- Performance-based bonus
- Paid 2-weeks vacation / sick time (must provide 1-month notice for any time off)
- Provide all meals and snacks when working (our home environment is mostly gluten free due to Rache’s GF intolerance)
- Mileage reimbursement for any driving using own car as it relates to children (a car will be provided if you do not have one or it is insufficient for carpool)
We will compensate accordingly for:
Bonus: 4-year degree in early childhood development
Bonus: Conversational Mandarin
Bonus: Ability to be a registered employee (Guatemalan or US depending on nationality)