Throwback BB: I uncovered this from an old Ra’Co draft when Kurt and I just got started building the Ra’Co Life site. I don’t even think he was at the event! It made me laugh so I thought I would share.
Wow! What an amazing day. It was snowy and cold in January, but this incredible event jump-started the year for TILT’s Idea Igloo… our first proper Friends & Family Brunch Stateside in almost 2 years. The menu was a sensational blend of cooked and raw food. We had a TexMex themed Brunch that started at 12 and went most of the day and while we typically we have a hard stop time at 4pm, it just spilled over into the evening – a grand display of food, fun and laughter.
Can you tell we have been busy? Just getting ’round to posting this almost two months later. Yikes! Please feel free to contact us if you want any of the recipes from below.
On the Menu:
- Vegan Mexican Casserole w/ layers of beans, veggies, eggs and corn tortillas (GF, DF, SF, WF, V)
- Tacos w/ Scrambled Farm Fresh Eggs from Baltimore (LF, SF, WF, GF) or Mushroom Nut ‘Meat’ (V, GF, DF, SF, CF, WF)
- Corn Bread (GF, V, DF, WF, SF)
- Fresh Fruit Plate
- Plantain Chips (V, GF, WF, CF, SF)
- 10 Delicious Salsas and Dips
- Fried Potatoes with Mixed Veggies and Peppers (V, GF, DF, SF, WF)
- Mexican Fried Coconut Ice Cream using Coconut Bliss Ice Cream (DF, SF, WF, GF, V) w/ tons of toppings
It was a great chance to also get to know some of the friends of our friends who are also in town. Food always brings people closer together. The Mexican Fried Ice Cream was a project for the whole group to enjoy together. It never would have happened without a team effort!